Re: Debian.net Team

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 09:14:30AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > That's it in a nutshell for now. Any thoughts... or volunteers?
>
> I think that this proposal combines two quite different aspects, and
> that it might be better to keep them separate.
>
> 1. Maintaining contacts with infrastructure providers that are willing
> to help Debian. That's of course useful, but not limited to debian.net
> services. For example, some QA tasks could benefit from access to cloud
> resources.

This is something that the formally delegated cloud team members are
already responsible for.  If we broaden the scope of that team a bit, we
can avoid creating additional organizational structure.  Most of the
technical work that the cloud team does doesn't require any formal
delegation, so in theory you could split the delegated part of the team
out into something like a general "infrastructure service provider" team
or something.

Of course, that assumes that the current cloud team delegates are
interested in signing up for extra work. :)

noah