Re: Results of the salsa sprint

Hey folks,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 05:40:25PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:

>Thank you for your work during the sprint.  Here is some feedback as
>requested:

+1 - thanks for getting together to make Debian stuff better!

>On Sat 28 Nov 2020 at 06:49PM +01, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>
>> Namespaces for groups
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> Currently we do have a frontend to enforce a specific naming for
>> groups (-team). We are thinking about removing that restriction. We
>> would love to get some feedback about it. Unless no-one objects with
>> some good reasoning we plan to remove it during the next months.
>
>I navigate to resources on salsa by either typing full URLs into my
>browser, or typing URLs into my shell after 'git clone'.  I am very
>rarely logged in to the web interface.
>
>Having a defined naming for groups makes it significantly easier for me
>to correctly type the URL for the repo I want on my first try.
>
>I suspect that without the -team suffix I'd end up having to use salsa's
>search engine much more often.  I would prefer not to have to do that.

Nod. The -team suffix works really well for me, similarly.

I'll be honest, it also gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about
namespace. :-) For me these days, lots of Debian work is concentrated
into teams so the -team suffix for groups helps to organise and
demonstrate that team structure.

Have people been pushing the other way - to remove the suffix? Just
curious.

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth