Re: Results of the salsa sprint

Hello salsa admins,

Thank you for your work during the sprint.  Here is some feedback as
requested:

On Sat 28 Nov 2020 at 06:49PM +01, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> Namespaces for groups
> --------------------------------
>
> Currently we do have a frontend to enforce a specific naming for
> groups (-team). We are thinking about removing that restriction. We
> would love to get some feedback about it. Unless no-one objects with
> some good reasoning we plan to remove it during the next months.

I navigate to resources on salsa by either typing full URLs into my
browser, or typing URLs into my shell after 'git clone'.  I am very
rarely logged in to the web interface.

Having a defined naming for groups makes it significantly easier for me
to correctly type the URL for the repo I want on my first try.

I suspect that without the -team suffix I'd end up having to use salsa's
search engine much more often.  I would prefer not to have to do that.

--
Sean Whitton