Re: Fwd: protontypes wants to support the Debian Project with LibreSelery

Le lundi 12 octobre 2020 à 13:43:49+0200, Jonathan Carter a écrit :
> Hi Debianites, Tobias from protontypes.eu asked that I forward this
> message along. From what I understand, they want to make it easier to
> fund individuals who work on free software.
>
> He also confirmed that they're working on integrating their system with
> GitLab, which needed some more work because it didn't have the "donate"
> framework that GitHub uses.
>
> If you have any questions, you can follow up here, I told them that they
> can subscribe to the list to follow up.

So, if I understand well, the idea is to implement a way to have a
"donate" button on salsa which would rely on their work in background to
loadbalance the share between developers of a specific project?

If so, then I feel bad about this idea. Sure, the people paying wouldn't
be the project and hence its philosophy wouldn't be compromised in its
core, but still we would start advertising for payment, which is a huge
step in a way I fear the outcome.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2