Re: [External] Re: ThinkPad laptops preinstalled Linux

Hi Marc

On 6/5/2020 9:51 AM, Marc Haber wrote:
On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 09:13:39AM -0400, Mark Pearson wrote:
On 6/5/2020 5:03 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:

While we're asking for rainbow colored unicorns here, I'd love the
Lenovo support organiation to be a little less bitchy when one admits
using Linux, at least for clear hardware faults like broken mouse
buttons etc¹, and can I please have the old keyboard style back as an
option? And please keep in mind that Linux nerds enjoy tinkering around
with their older hardware, so it would be great to have disk slots that
conform to the standard and memory that is not soldered in. I have been
holding back buying a new Thinkpad for a while because I hate to lose
the flexibility that the older series used to have, and I have bought my
last three Thinkpads without a support package because Lenovo won't help
me anyway because I happen to use the wrong OS.

Rainbow colored unicorns are my favourite (though I don't recommend trying to get a jar of unicorn snot through airport security as a gift for your kids after a business trip...)

I've been having conversations with the support team recently as they will be supporting Linux calls. It should address some of your concerns there. I suspect there will be a learning curve.

HW design - I don't get much say in that but I can pass on feedback.

Greetings
Marc, writing this on the X260, with three T520 and one X121e in daily use

¹ it really sucks to be required to have a disk with a never-used
Windows installation sitting on the shelf just to make the support tech
happy