Re: tracking our readers? (Re: Testing Discourse for Debian - Moderation concepts)

Hello Karsten,

On Tue 14 Apr 2020 at 06:42PM +02, Karsten Merker wrote:

> As a personal note: compared to my email client I find the
> discourse web interface very unwieldly and impractical (like most
> web forums).  This is of course a matter of taste and personal
> preferences, but exactly that is an important point.  With
> mailinglists everybody can use a client that suits one's personal
> preferences, while web-based systems inevitably force a
> particular user interface onto every user.  This one interface
> naturally cannot fit everbody's personal preferences and
> therefore makes the task of following and taking part in
> discussions actually harder for a significant number of people
> compared to performing the same tasks on a mailinglist.

Just on this point, if there's sufficient API stability, then there is
the possibility of developing other clients for Discourse.  Making them
operable offline would be a lot of work though.

--
Sean Whitton