Re: Testing Discourse for Debian

On 2020-04-14 15:49, Neil McGovern wrote:
> If you're using the stable branch of Discourse, then the API is stable
> :)

Ha! ;-) This leads a little bit off-topic here, maybe it's
better off-list, on #956705, or elsewhere:

Can I expect API stability cycles of Discourse long enough, that
it were practical to have a client (library) in stable?

I'm not talking about one site running on nightlies, but
something serious, e.g. the Gnome instance.

> The documentation is at
> docs.discourse.org.

Nothing shown by default, but when I unblock CDNs, there is a
long "Loading...", then "A script on this page may be busy, or
it may have stopped responding", but finally a download link:

https://docs.discourse.org/swagger.json

In which I read:

> Note: This documentation is not complete, so for missing parts
> you may have to\n[reverse engineer the Discourse API](https://
> meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-reverse-engineer-the-discourse-api
> /20576) to figure out how to use an API endpoint.

My fear is, that an un(der)documented API might also not be
long-term stable, even if such a disclaimer is not present.