Re: Testing Discourse for Debian

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 02:16:48PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Do you think that would end up capturing all discussions, with possibly
> a few weeks delay?  Is it typical in Discourse use to lock/close threads
> after a certain point?  And do you think the API is stable enough for us
> to start doing something like this?

That's entirely dependant on the configuration :) For example, on
GNOME's Discourse instance, I have a few categories where it is set to
close 14 days after the last reply.

Then again, people can also request that they're reopened...

I suspect the API should be stable enough for this, if people wanted to
store discussions in a form that isn't discourse itself.

Neil