Re: Testing Discourse for Debian

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 03:57:08PM +0200, Martin wrote:
> Is the API stable in general, or only this particular function?

If you're using the stable branch of Discourse, then the API is stable
:)

> I ask in the context of #956705: "ITP: python-pydiscourse --
> Python library for working with Discourse". Upstream says:
>
> > * Provide functional parity with the Discourse API, for the
> >   currently supported version of Discourse (something of a
> >   moving target)
> >
> > The order here is important. The Discourse API is itself
> > poorly documented

The head version is indeed in flux somewhat, although I'm personally
running the "tests-passed" branch in production with API integrations,
and I've not had any incompatability problems. The documentation is at
docs.discourse.org.
I woudn't say it's poorly documented, but possibly incomplete.

Neil