Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

On Thu, 2020-02-20 at 17:11 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> But my main point is this: Ansgar asserted that it is uncontroversial
> that the BDS movement is antisemitic.  Obviously that was not true.

As I wrote it's only as uncontroversional as, say, climate change or
usefulness of vaccines is.  Of course you will always find someone
disagreeing if you look hard enough.

If you have 80-90%+ of parliament, from pretty much all parties, agree
on something, then it *is* pretty much as uncontroversional as it gets
there.

> If it were true then the Montreal team's message would be a CoC
> problem.

Well, it sadly is. Note that BDS in total being antisemitic doesn't
imply all individuals supporting it are so.

Ansgar