Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

Hi Sam

On 2020/02/20 15:44, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I really hope that supporting our people doing the work at DC20 is
> uncontroversial.

During DC19 I've spoken about this topic to dozens (as in, literally
dozens) of people who have approached me who care about DebConf and who
have contributed to it over the years. I can assure you that not a
single person has stated anything vaguely against the DC20 team or
against their work, in fact over and over people make it clear that they
like the DC20 and have stated words of support for them, even in the
cases where they don't support aspects of their government.

I can tell you with a great degree of confidence that support for the
DC20 team is entirely uncontroversial and it's really not worth spending
any time worrying about that specific aspect whatsoever.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage