Re: Request to Mini DebConf Montreal Organizers: Fight Israel not the DC20 Team

Ansgar <ansgar@debian.org> writes:

> If you have 80-90%+ of parliament, from pretty much all parties, agree
> on something, then it *is* pretty much as uncontroversional as it gets
> there.

This is an entertaining example to use in a project whose mission is free
software.  I'm pretty sure that by that standard it's entirely
uncontroversial that Windows is the best operating system, that software
copyright has no social downsides, that software patents are a good thing,
and that proprietary software companies are a vital backbone of the
economy.

I can assure you, as a US citizen, that the idea that BDS is inherently
antisemitic is very controversial in the US.  Your beliefs about the
political consensus in my country are uninformed.  Political consensus in
the US is not well-represented by voting ratios in Congress, particularly
in the absence of a lot of complex context.

I will not try to tell you what the consensus is in Germany since I'm
obviously not qualified to do so.