Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

Holger Levsen dijo [Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:02:06PM +0000]:
> (...)
> > Agreed to those (as I also said at the time). I think it was obvious to
> > us early on in the DC20 decision process that we'd want to do this
> > privately. We should have announced that.
>
> absolutly. I still dont think it was right to have this decission in private,
> but at least announcing it earlier would have been better.
>
> (I do think having the decission in private was neccessary because else the
> decission would not have been made that way. But I might be wrong on that.)

As I said in some other mail... I was part of the deciding team
several times. We have often had non-official side channels to discuss
bits we see, even to do the casual wry comments to the close friends
we interactede with in the process we would not make in the
open. There has always been some level of private communication around
the decision.

> even if they were not ready at the 2nd review meeting, I dont understand why you
> dont have a 3rd review meeting and instead now think it's need to decide this
> in private again.
>
> can you explain?

Because after the 2nd review, we asked all the teams to update some
bits. They pushed forwards. Now the decision is nearly final (it burns
my fingers and I'd love to announce it, I guess we will communicate it
in this week). But we have to write it as a joint thing, taking care
of several bits in the process.

There is no point anymore in having a round 3. It would just waste
everybody's time.