Re: Community Team - where we want to go

A community team is a good thing. Just its apparent focus on the Code of
Conduct is unfortunate. The biggest modulators of how we interact among
ourselves and how much inviting we are perceived as a community imho
currently are (somewhat ordered):

 * salsa

 * blends

 * debconfs

 * sprints

 * patches by .deb maintainers on github/bitbucket/...

 * news on Debian being adopted by some 3rd party for something fancy

 * our discussion on the mailing lists

And I want more of that. I wish the Community Team comes up with new
ideas that are all positively minded. The CoC is somewhere out there but
luckily not omnipresent. I have some confidence that no (zero) DM/DD
enjoys to be meeting regularly in some group to discuss that CoC and its
application ... this is just nothing why we are here. And consequently
DDs distrust other DDs that volunteer to be on such a team. So, have
your Meta Team and talk about how to evolve our togetherness. That shall
involve having an eye on that we are no intentionally or unintentionally
hurting each other in our communication but should by no means dominate
what that team is about.

Best,
Steffen