Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 12:22:21 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> On 9/29/19 12:13 PM, Hector Oron wrote:
> >> Not sure what the problem with LTS is. I thought companies pay for the
> >> extra effort. I think it's a perfectly fine business model.
> > As a very simple summary, companies pay another company (Debian
> > unrelated) to use Debian volunteers time and Debian resources.
> > Debian does not get any share of that work.
> If the work is being paid, it's not volunteers time. That doesn't make sense.

LTS uses the volunteer time of all Debian contributors and teams
affected by it (security team, ftp-master, buildd admins, DSA, …).

> You could argue about Debian resources being used without paying Debian.

Those resources are operated by volunteers.

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe