Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

I don't believe anyone is stuck using old m68k hardware that they can't
afford to upgrade - the cost of maintaining (or buying) m68k systems
that can run Debian is likely to be high, compared to a PC.

So the m68k port seems to be only a fun hobby for a small group of
existing developers and users.

I don't think Debian should subsidise this group, beyond providing the
usual ports infrastructure.

If I'm mistaken and the m68k port is attracting new contributors to
Debian, that contribute in other areas as well, I might be persuaded
otherwise.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.