Re: Standing behind GNOME Foundation against Rothschild Patent Imaging LLC?

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019, Chris Lamb wrote:
> For those not yet aware, Rothschild Patent Imaging LLC has filed a
> lawsuit against the GNOME Foundation on the grounds that their
> "Shotwell" photo manager violates patent §9,936,086:
>
>   https://www.gnome.org/news/2019/09/gnome-foundation-facing-lawsuit-from-rothschild-patent-imaging/
>
> If we can leave the legal merits of this specific case or of software
> patents in general for another time and venue, can I seek agreement
> that the Debian Project would publically stand with the GNOME
> Foundation against this attack on a cherished sister project of ours
> and, by extension, on free software in general?

I concur, especially as Debian also distributes shotwell.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

"She decided what she wished to happen and then assumed that reality
would bend to her wishes." [...] "Reality doesn't indulge wishes."
 -- Terry Goodkind _Phantom_ p133