Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

Hi,

You may have noticed that the DPL asked me to put this thread on hold,
as he's discussing it in -devel. I've therefore given-up. However, let
me still answer.

On 9/23/19 8:45 PM, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Also you would force everybody to use git, so this is not acceptable at all.
>
>> 3- Mandating using Salsa as a Git repository.
>
> If that would really pass a GR, I'll start to remove packages from
> Debian....

Why would it be unacceptable that the whole of the archive be maintained
in Git using Salsa? Wouldn't it be much nicer for everyone?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)