Re: Debian and Non-Free Services

Sam Hartman writes ("Debian and Non-Free Services"):
> I'm trying to move a thread from -devel.
>
> Ian Jackson responded [1] to part of a consensus discussion on Git
>   recommendations.  I had said that I think we recommend against the use
>   of non-free services like Github but do not forbid their use.
>   Ian disagreed with this recommendation.

Sam, from this thread, it seems very likely[1] that you were right
about where Debian's consensus was, and that I was wrong.

> He proposed the following text for such a GR.

Also Enrico Zini sent a couple of messages where he strongly objected
to this escalation by me.  IME Enrico Zini is usually right.  I should
have listened to him more carefully the first time.

For my own part, I'm going to drop this suggestion now.  I still don't
agree with the apparent project consensus but I want to spend my
energy on something more constructive.

Ian.

[1] Even allowing for the fact that mailing list threads are not a
 very reliable way to judge the project's overall views.