Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > 1- Mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser, meaning we do mandate using Git for
> > packaging.

I forgot to add. If you ever want to go there, you also have to add
	mandate that the maintainer pushes the most recent versions
	to the VcsGit specified repository.
git is as everyone knows completely distributed, so using it locally
without a remote is viable.

Even till now I know too many packages where the released versions and
the one in the VcsGit are widely apart. Do you want mandating certain
push behaviour of developers?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev