Re: Realizing Good Ideas with Debian Money

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 05:29:42PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I agree that's missing.
>
> I don't think that is the important information needed to drive the
> discussions I'm hoping someone will drive.
>
> Instead I'm more interested in seeing discussions at a high level.
>
> Talking about the issues involved in paying people to do work.
> What the options are, collecting people's concerns etc.
>
> I actually think the first round of that can be done without significant
> access to numbers.
>
> That said, I'd sure like that anual report (actually I'd love it
> quarterly) you speak of above.
> I'm not volunteering.  Are you?

My biggest high level concern is the income side, since this is the most
difficult part and will likely also be the most controversial one.

If I am driving this discussion the first round will be about the
income side only, to get the numbers what is actually realistic at
the expense side.

Many divisive discussions at the expense side might then not even be
necessary since they could anyways not get financed.

> --Sam

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.