Re: RFA: rtc.debian.org

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 05:13:10PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I have tried but failed at using the service.

Same here.

Unfortunately, my experience with rtc.d.o have been less than stellar:

- The Jabber service is a spamtrap these days. When I contacted the
  maintainers about that, they suggested I install some client-side
  spamfilter. That seems wrong on so many counts...
- The SIP service was next to impossible to get to work with Asterisk,
  my SIP software of choice. When I contacted the maintainers of the
  service, they told me to not use Asterisk, which essentially means I
  would have to throw away all my phone hardware that I have working
  with asterisk, just so I could possibly communicate with my fellow
  Debian Developers.

> I want it to continue (and want ot to work, obviously) and volunteer to
> administrate it!

I do agree that having a working RTC service is valuable. However, the
attitude of the (previous?) maintainers of this service was less than
helpful, IMO.

> Great if others would help:

Unfortunately, due to a recent change in my lifestyle, I don't think I
will have the time to help maintain this service...

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard