Re: Question for Planet Admins: What Should I do if another Developer Removes my Blog

Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:
> I think defaulting to silencing people is the opposite of openness.

It does not strike me as defaulting to silencing people, to allow the
people we all effectively trust with root on all of our systems (DDs) to
exercise their judgement, and very occasionally apply it to ensure that
reputational damage does not accrue to Debian from a misjudged blog post.

> I don't recall for certain how much blogging there was about systemd
> during ...

If someone does start using this as a weapon, I'm sure we'll work out
that they probably don't deserve the trust implicit in being a DD.

Apparently (as Jorg pointed out) it has not happened to date (not even
during the heat of the systemd debate) so I see no reason to assume the
worst.

I hope that the fact that you apparently have more pessimistic
expectations does not indicate that you would find it acceptable to
remove someone else's blog simply because you disagree with them.

Cheers, Phil.