Re: Binary compatibility policy for security updates and point releases

Jakob Leben:
> I have a system for updating my own software which is also deployed on that machine, but not the rest of the Debian system. Now, if ABI might change between 9.2, then I have no guarantee that if I test my software update with 9.2, it will be work as expected on the client's machine with Debian 9.1.

If you Depends: libfoo8, this will prevent dpkg from upgrading the library from libfoo8 to libfoo9 until you provide a new version that Depends: libfoo9 instead. The 8/9 numbering is bumped whenever ABI changes.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git