Re: Censorship in Debian

Miles Fidelman writes ("Re: Censorship in Debian"):
> On 1/6/19 1:38 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > [systemd stuff]
> [systemd stuff]

I appreciate that the fights over systemd have been a defining
experience for many of us.  Many of us are still bitter, me included.
I also appreciate that in some respects these fights are still,
unfortunately, being fought and harm is still being done (although
things are much less bad than they were).

But I really don't think it is helpful to link the recent arguments
over behaviour in the project, with init system diversity problems.

The issues are very different.  And the toxic emotional and political
baggage from the init system stuff is really bad.  So bringing init
system stuff into this conversation about acceptable conduct just
increases the hurt and argument, but does not lead to any better
conclusions.

Ian.