Re: Censorship in Debian

On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 10:47:05AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> People seem to feel they're unreasonably put-upon by having to think about
> what they're saying *at all*, but this is absurd.  Everyone else in the
> world is doing this all the time.

There are times when you don't have to think about what you're saying
before you say it; that situation is often called being "among friends",
or "in a safe space", or "able to let your guard down".

I think it's probably news to a lot of people that Debian isn't that
sort of a situation today.

(IMO, one of the problems with planet aggregators is it changes your
personal blog from being a place where you can say whatever you want
and have it only affect yourself, to a place where you have to watch
what you say because it's automatically pushed to strangers who are only
interested in very particular parts of who you are)

Cheers,
aj