Re: Listing of derivatives on the Debian website?

Hello

El 06/09/17 a las 04:07, Paul Wise escribió:
> On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 10:52 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
>> Altough it's not necessarily trivial to evaluate your criteria:
>
> We didn't want to give specific examples for many of them, since
> different distros will have different ways of working.
>
>> On Tue, 05 Sep 2017, Paul Wise wrote:
>>>     <li>actively cooperate with Debian<li>
>>
>> Hard to evaluate but can be assumed to be true when the distribution
>> files bugs (and when they user tag the bugs).
>
> Yep, this could take various other forms such as sponsoring DebConf,
> maintaining packages in Debian, forwarding patches etc.
>
>>>     <li>are actively maintained</li>
>>
>> - new releases?
>
> Some distros are rolling, "package updates happen" is fine for those.
>
>> - people responding to queries/bug reports?
>
> Seems reasonable.
>
>>>     <li>are notable and established distributions</li>
>>
>> Not very specific either:
>> - notable? => how do you know popularity?
>
> Notability and popularity can be different, for example Tails is
> probably not as popular as Ubuntu but it is definitely notable.
>
> I was thinking that having a Wikipedia page could demonstrate
> notability, but we could also use our own judgement here.
>
>> - established? => how old must the derivative be?
>
> Maybe 1 or 2 years, at least it should be on distrowatch.

Thanks everybody involved in advancing this.

Looks good to me.

I would suggest to add a README txt file to the website repo, detailing
how to curate/update the list. That README file may list the
examples/details of the criteria that you already gave, or just link to
this mail thread in the web archives, so (new) people can know how to
update the list in the future.

Thanks!
--
Laura Arjona Reina