Re: Debian packages advertising non-free services

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> It was more to highlight that there is absolutely no consensus that
> interacting with proprietary services through the network is the same
> as combining work with a proprietary program.

Okay, and I think everyone here would agree those are not the same. So
I'm not sure why you'd highlight that.

Meanwhile, it's also true that the complaint is not merely “interacting
with proprietary services through the network”.

Instead, AIUI the complaint is packages which declare interaction with
non-free services *as their primary purpose*, to the point of
advertising that purpose in the package description.

--
 \       “Following fashion and the status quo is easy. Thinking about |
  `\        your users' lives and creating something practical is much |