Re: Automatic downloading of non-free software by stuff in main

> Which makes the XDG thing borderline, since the only indicator that a
> file
> has been downloaded they propose is the full url, not a boolean.

But having the URL is useful.

I would love to know where some terribly named file was downloaded
from. (This is at least a fairly common problem in science)

This would also be helpful for after the fact scans if an intrusion
detection system discovered a site is hostile

Shouldn't the url xattr be hidden if you're using an encrypted file
system?

What about just making it more obvious that a file has extended
attributes? One of the problems with location data in images is many
people didn't even know it was being captured.

Could there be an color or flag for ls? and could nautilus & dolphin
have some indicator?

Diane