Re: Emeritus status, and email forwarding [and 1 more messages]

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 04:08:41PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> It would be possible to have an "emeritus" keyring, I guess.  Since it
> would only be used for email forwarding and a few other things, it
> could have weaker security requirements.

Techinically such keyring exists, but they are not exported anywhere.
But if 1024D are not considered secure anymore, I don't see the point of
considering them "not secure, not trustable, but we don't care about
email forward so we're fine with having the hijacked", which feels like
what you are proposing.

IMHO if somebody care to keep their forward email usable they can very
well care enough to have a robust enough key and keep it in the keyring,
and possibly be demoted to non-uploading DD where the MIA team is not
looking at.
And most of all, they would need to care enough to carry on such
conversation to see it happen, whilst in most cases it seems to me the
people first asking for such thing are nowhere near "interested" and
expect others to carry on their wishes.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo