Re: Bitcoin donations

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 01:33:09PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Elise Wood writes ("Bitcoin donations"):
> > Have you considered adding an address for bitcoin donations? Would you?
>
> After reading _Attack of the 50-foot blockchain_ by David Gerard, my
> (previously merely rather sceptical) attitude to Bitcoin has
> hardenened.
>
> IMO Debian should not encourage or support Bitcoin in any way.

I consider Bitcoin to still be far less repulsive than both the mainstream
banking system and para-banks like Paypal.

And why would you refuse a way to submit donations that's convenient for
some donors?  (I'm not involved in handling donations for Debian or payments
for any company or organization, though, so I may be missing some other
reason.)

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Laws we want back: Poland, Dz.U. 1921 nr.30 poz.177 (also Dz.U.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1920 nr.11 poz.61): Art.2: An official, guilty of accepting a gift