Re: Bitcoin donations

Elise Wood writes ("Bitcoin donations"):
> Have you considered adding an address for bitcoin donations? Would you?

After reading _Attack of the 50-foot blockchain_ by David Gerard, my
(previously merely rather sceptical) attitude to Bitcoin has
hardenened.

IMO Debian should not encourage or support Bitcoin in any way.  The
ecological consequences alone are too bad.

I recognise that as a matter of Debian's internal governance, there is
not a way to stop individual Debian Developers from providing Bitcoin
etc. software in Debian (and perhaps indeed there should not be).  But
more centrally provided things like accepting donations are a
different matter.

Everyone should read David's book.

Ian.