Re: Project to improve Debian support model

Yes I'm aware and thought about that at the time. I just needed something to call it to get it rolling. This project is not a software package so the names of the actual things this project develops can still be a matter for debate. I put very little effort into that name and its more what in business is called a real name.. where you use your name an what you're doing like Katy's Coffee Shop.. that name is EXACTLY what we're doing.. creating a Debian Integrated Support System it just so happens to abbreviate to DISS and that just so happens to be a slang term. Only consideration I took when choosing the name was making sure no other project existed with that name. If you should choose to participate in the project and had suggestions on what to call the packages for various components I'm sure nobody is going to give you much argument. I know I won't.

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org> wrote:

On October 21, 2017 8:58:15 AM EDT, Katy Tolsen <2ndlifekaty@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://kathryntolsen.github.io/diss/

I just wanted to point out something about the name choice for your consideration--at least in American slang, diss means to insult. I personally thought that's a bit unfortunate for a user supoort tool.

Thanks for your efforts
regards

Afif