Re: Request for official help

Le 25/07/2017 à 19:49, Chris Lamb a écrit :
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
>> Run that through some legal advice, though.  If "we" (Debian, SPI, etc)
>> get to be co-responsible for the actions of someone using our EANs with
>> permission [in some relevant juridisction], it is best to not have them
>> in the first place.
>
> I'm inclined to agree…  Jean-Phillipe, is there no other way you can ship
> these images? I would be very happy to write/sign some kind of "yeah this
> is really all fine" document but am wary of going doing some kind of
> official EAN registration thing that might tie us to .. well, who knows.

The alternative is my initial proposal, more simple than others indeed:
mentioning in an official letter that Debian will not get any EAN in
next two years, and that Debian does not want Hypra to sell Debian
without EAN. It does mean that anybody else cannot do it (anybody which
want to sell with or without EAN do what they want), but not Hypra (and
we agree of course), and it gives me the required base to request an EAN
exemption to Amazon.

Best regards,

--
Logo Hypra 	JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL