Re: Request for official help

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 04:39:21PM +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Right but if Debian could subscribe to such service, it could freely
> generate as EANs as needed for their releases, installers, liveDVDs. But
> indeed, maybe it is not the easiest solution.

I think it does make sense to have EANs for Debian, but perhaps it isn't
necessary to have an EAN for *everything* we produce.

E.g., we could have:

- An EAN for CD1, DVD1, and BD1 for every architecture,
- An EAN for the various live images
- An EAN for "the full set" of DVD and BD images

There's no need to have an EAN for, say, the armel DVD#10 or some such.

Alternatively, we could assign EANs on a by-request basis; if a media
vendor wants to sell a particular (set of) image(s) on amazon or some
other such site that doesn't have an EAN yet, provide a contact for them
to request an EAN for that set.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab