Re: If Debian support OS certification?

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 02:32:20PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> A trustworthy certification report that said "this machine would have
> passed the certification, except that the wifi card requires a
> separately supplied firmware blob from Debian non-free" would be
> extremely useful to many users and potential purchasers.

my usb controller uses a blob, my cpu uses a blob, my bios is collection of
blobs and my bios-loader is a blob, [...] and my wireless card uses a blob
from debian non-free and then the certification tells me it's all fine except
for the wireless card. Is that really that useful or trustworthy?

--
cheers,
	Holger

"[...]" is were I ommited 5-20 more blobs (TPM, graphics card, fingerprint reader,
SSD to name 4) on this machine which only needs one blob from Debian non-free :-)