Re: should debian comment about the recent 'ransomware' malware.

On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 21:26 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> That won't help if you do _not_ keep updating the system daily,
> though.  Which is what this is about.

It isn't what I was taling about.

Microsoft users or indeed Android users, iOS users and I presume OSX
users get security updates installed automagically by default.  I'd
guess most users are only vaguely aware of it.  They just assume that
OS does whatever is necessary to ensure it will be working tomorrow
just as it does today even if they never touch the thing.  That of
course requires security patches installed in a timely fashion.