Re: should debian comment about the recent 'ransomware' malware.

On Wed, 17 May 2017, Russell Stuart wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 10:31 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Actually, we might want to issue an statement to _Debian_ users
> > reminding them the value and necessity of keeping their Debian
> > systems up-to-date.  Maybe point to our automated solutions that
> > remind and/or apply security updates automatically.
>
> To beat a dead horse that's already copped a flogging here, if the
> default install ensured all security patches were installed there would
> be no need for such an email.

Hmm? It does by default, unless you disable it.  As long as there is
network connection at install time, of course.

That won't help if you do _not_ keep updating the system daily, though.
Which is what this is about.

Or did you mean install by default the stuff that nags about available
security updates?

--
  Henrique Holschuh