Re: Debian contributor Register of Interests

Jonathan Dowland writes ("Re: Debian contributor Register of Interests"):
> I'm not sure how to word it but I felt that it was appropriate to
> disclose that I work for Red Hat (Even though I do not work on RHEL
> or Fedora), since Red Hat produces something "similar" to Debian, or
> more specifically a third party could hypothetically allude that it
> was in Red Hat's interests for Debian to make a particular technical
> decision. (I didn't see this rationale on your list)

Yes.

I guess I missed out:

  * Being paid to work on free software more generally

> > I would like to settle the boundaries before we start populating the
> > list.
>
> I respect that, but I hope that those who are happy to add
> themselves to the list as it stands are not dissuaded from doing so
> (in my view, I'd happily see the shape of the list evolve and adapt
> my entry to fit as necessary).

Right.

TBH I now think this may be too much work.  I guess I will just write
my own entry and we can see how it evolves.

> > The list should have a date at which the user's entry was last
> > updated and signed off by them as complete.
>
> The former can be inferred from the wiki page history.

Well, it's a bit awkward.  And it just shows you the last edit, not
the last time the user themselves thought it was up to date.

Ian.