Re: Debian contributor Register of Interests

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:09:28PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I think this is a good idea.

Thanks!

> It would be a good idea to make an annex, giving a list of kinds of
> "interest" that do not need to be mentioned; and ones that should be
> mentioned.

That sounds fine to me.

> Things that _are_ interests worthy of disclosure:

I'm not sure how to word it but I felt that it was appropriate to disclose that
I work for Red Hat (Even though I do not work on RHEL or Fedora), since Red Hat
produces something "similar" to Debian, or more specifically a third party
could hypothetically allude that it was in Red Hat's interests for Debian to
make a particular technical decision. (I didn't see this rationale on your list)

> I would like to settle the boundaries before we start populating the
> list.

I respect that, but I hope that those who are happy to add themselves to the
list as it stands are not dissuaded from doing so (in my view, I'd happily see
the shape of the list evolve and adapt my entry to fit as necessary).

> The list should have a date at which the user's entry was last
> updated and signed off by them as complete.

The former can be inferred from the wiki page history.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland