Re: contacting Debian is too easy to get wrong

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> This causes various problems, including:

I agree with your assessment of the problems.

> Create a new contact.debian.org service to help people find the right
> contact for their queries before they make contact.

It seems to me that this would add another place for people to direct
their questions, without addressing the problem of finding the right
contact point to begin with.

In other words: What's to stop ‘contacts.debian.org’ from becoming yet
another item that comes up in search results, maybe discovered and maybe
not? How will that become the one obvious place for people to ask?

--
 \        “I went to court for a parking ticket; I pleaded insanity. I |
  `\   said ‘Your Honour, who in their right mind parks in the passing |