Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
>> I still don't understand why the TC is so crushingly slow to conter
>> maintainer power in Debian.  As I say in my other emails, a result of
>> the TC's inaction, maintainer power in Debian is nearly unassailable.
>
> Didier, and Phil, now you're in this conversation: can you explain
> this to me ?

I just replied to another of your mails -- in a mail started fairly soon
after you mail, and only just finished because my wife is in bed with a
temperature, both kids are coughing and spluttering, and I too have a
cold, so time's been a bit short today.

Hopefully my reply doesn't seem too much out of sequence -- I've not
been attempting to follow subsequent discussion until I got it sent.

Cheers, Phil.