Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

Philip Hands writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
> this NOOP,

I'm very surprised to see you say that you think this is a no-op.

ISTM that in the current argument, the TC has given the position of
the existing maintainer great weight.

Imagine the roles were replaced.  Imagine the actual petitioners (P
and W, for the same of argument) were the current maintainers, and the
actual current maintainer (R) were a petitioner saying "please make me
the maintainer".  Would the TC would spend months debating before
dismissing such a manifestly unfounded petition ?

As I've said I genuinely find the TC's behaviour incomprehensible.
But this is not limited to this TC; all previous TCs have had similar
issues (from my point of view).  As I say the TC members are all smart
and good people so I don't think the problem can be changed by a
change of personell.  I definitely don't want you to resign.

Can you explain why the TC is so reluctant to depose or overrule
maintainers ?

Ian.