Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

Holger Levsen writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 03:42:58PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >  DRAFT GENERAL RESOLUTION STARTS
> >
> >  OPTION A
>
> = "keep the status quo"

AIUI, no.

Empirically, practice by the TC is to almost always uphold the
maintainer, and never to depose them.

At least one TC member has told me that if this GR text passed, they
would resign from the TC, because it would amount to a declaration of
lack of confidence in the TC.

Well, it is true that I have lack of confidence in the TC.  But I
don't want the TC members to resign and be replaced.  My lack of
confidence is in the TC as an institution; as a framework; or as a
cultural/political practice.  I don't have a problem with the
individuals.

Ian.