Re: Survey on Bug Tracking Tools

    Dominik> On 08.06.2015 20:46, Florian Weimer wrote:
    >> Google services are quite popular among the FLOSS crowd at large.
    >> You might not see many Gmail posters on Debian mailing lists, but
    >> this is increasingly an anomaly.

    Dominik> Which is, at best, a serious illness.

I'm really frustrated reading this.  I'd like to share my frustration in
hopes of seeking understanding and confirmation that we share the core
value of working with a diverse set of contributors.

I hope Debian is a community that
can respect a diverse set of needs and beliefs.  If you don't want to
use Google Docs, I respect your desire there.  However, I'd ask you not
to judge others when their needs differ from yours.  We don't even ask
people to subscribe to free software as a moral stance to be part of
this community.  We ask people to uphold the DFSG and social contract
*when they are working in Debian*.  We don't ask them to agree that it
is the right way, we simply ask them to uphold our community standards
when working here.  The DFSG and social contract do not judge what
commercial services we use.  Many members of our community care about
various aspects of that.  I want to live in a Debian where people who
dedicate themselves to free software can work along side those who
understand the value of the DFSG to Debian but make other choices in
other parts of their work.  I do not want to be part of a Debian where
we judge those and push people away whose values we find wanting, even
when they uphold our practices and social contract.

--Sam