Re: Survey on Bug Tracking Tools

Hi,

On 08.06.2015 10:26, sai11101989@gmail.com wrote:
> We the students of IIIT Hyderabad (https://iiit.ac.in
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fiiit.ac.in&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFMgVcVzfdLIP6a-9Vqbq2lVGNXHA>),
> as part of our research on improving the features provided by Bug
> Tracking tools, we are reaching out to Open Source Software (OSS)
> Development Community to capture your feedback on your experiences on
> using bug tracking tools as part of your OSS product development.

Thanks for your efforts.

However, I (for one) am not so comfortable with your proceedings.

 1. Your e-mail doesn't even carry a real name (and originates at
    Google Mail, in combination making it look a lot like spam).
    Why not send it from a university address with a readable name,
    making it look like it was send by an academic?

 2. The data has to be entered in Google Docs / Google Forms. Excuse
    me, but weren't you saying you are reaching out to Free Software
    projects?

I do not see why, as a Free Software contributor, I should act upon a
mail that looks as close to simple spam as it can get and asks me to
enter stuff into an insecure, untrusted and non-free application.

Sorry,
Nik