Re: Backports removed from sources.list ;-(

Op 19-04-15 om 19:44 schreef Martin Steigerwald:

>> Also, it would be nice to avoid starting threads in various places. I
>> already answered in:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=764982

I am answering this mail here, because it's not in the bug.

> I wonder about a commented entry for backports. This way people can easily
> enable it. I saw Ubuntu using this for some repos.

It's easy too, to comment-out an entry.

> I always end hand editing this on a lot of machines.

I think most experienced people will do that. But the non-experienced
will use the defaults. And for experienced people defaults are important
too.

> But maybe I miss some
> tool to configure apt sources more easily.

That's is another discussion.

I think it's too late for this discussion. This is not an RC bug.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/