Re: Backports removed from sources.list ;-(

Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> (2015-04-19):
> * Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> [2015-04-19 18:26:30 CEST]:
> > Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> (2015-04-19):

> > > I can change everything I want, but defaults are very important.
> >
> > Sane defaults are very important.
>
>  I take offense in considering backports to not be sane and "a ticking
> time bomb".

I suspect you're misreading what I wrote. “Sane” applied to “having
backports enabled by default without having to know or read anything
about it”. Not to the backports suites as a whole, or people
contributing there, or people shepherding them, or packages therein.

See also the ongoing thread on the bug report, esp. my reply to Micah.
(There's a reason why I protested against splitting this topic among
several places, right?)

> But regardless of that I don't see much sense in continuing this
> discussion, there's nothing to gain from it at this stage anyway ...

Regardless of the final outcome, I hope the above clarifies what I
meant.

Mraw,
KiBi.