Re: Entrepreneurial freedom for the Debian Partners Programme

also sprach Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org> [2015-04-03 04:52 +0200]:
> Consequently, I am in favour of a recognition mechanism that
> values both cash donations and service donations against the same
> scale, yielding a platinum/gold/silver/bronze type ranking that is
> reassessed annually. Something like:
> https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/sponsors.shtml

Note that this pages splits financial and hardware donations, which
I understand that you don't want, right?

As I said in a previous post, evaluating in-kind donations against
a financial scale is possible, albeit not always easy, and the
evaluation depends on many factors, including our need and
a suitable "market price" to use.

> With regards to fundraising, I'm in favour of using a service such as
> crowdrise.com -- and only one such service -- even if that means paying 3-5%
> (plus credit card fees, if applicable).  By leveraging such a platform, we can
> brand our donations portal, avoid managing multiple payment processor accounts,
> conduct campaigns (no, not spam ... more like "earmark your donation for X or
> Y"), etc.

Yes, having a micro-payment service available for payments too would
be beneficial.

.oO( snowdrift.coop )
.oO( BitCoin )

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

it has been said that there are only two businesses
that refer to customers as users:
illegal drug trade and the computer industry.