Re: What do you expect from the DPL?

On 16/02/15 at 20:39 +0100, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Just few random notes...
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015, at 04:08, Paul Wise wrote:
> > > - Mediation regarding social and technical problems
> >
> > The former seems like the responsibility of Debian as a whole and the
> > latter is the responsibility of the CTTE.
>
> I have several occasions in my mind when I would be happy if someone has
> stepped in and helped with mediation. For my own sake, and for the
> problem sake.

Note that it can also have very negative effects if someone jumps in and
starts mediating when none of the parties involved have actually asked
for mediation. So, in general, if you think mediation from someone would
be helpful, it's better to be explicit and request it.

> I view CTTE as a heavy hitter and DPL could use more soft approach
> before the parties approach CTTE.

Having the DPL and the CTTE involved at the same time is a bit
problematic, as they are defined as two very separate and independent
bodies in the constitution. In the case of issues with CTTE member(s),
I think that a better first step is to approach another CTTE member, or
the CTTE chairman, and then if this fails, to approach the DPL about it.

> Also sometimes there is a feud between developer and delegate. This is
> also area where DPL could step in and help with the outcome.

Sure.

Lucas